The Allglass Australia electrowinning cell design operates at recovery efficiencies of up to 99% in one pass and typical barren solutions of less than 3ppm are regularly achieved. The cell can operate with eluate derived from either AARL or ZADRA elution systems. Furthermore the design is renowned for its reliability and minimum maintenance requirements, quality of manufacture and for its competitive pricing.
Specific advantages of the Allglass Cell include:
- Allglass Australia and Plastic Fabricators (WA) Pty Ltd are the premier company quality certified to ISO 9001:2008 in the Electrowinning Cell manufacturing business.
- The Allglass Cell represents the standard in the industry, is widely accepted and has been proven over the past 25 years in the gold & silver electrowinning applications.
- The 100% polypropylene used in our cells is a high strength, impact resistant, monolithic material that will not corrode, become brittle or de-laminate, even when exposed to the most aggressive of chemicals over very long periods of time. Some of our electrowinning cells are still in use 24/7 and were manufactured over 20 years ago.
- The polypropylene cell is not able to conduct direct electric current, therefore in industrial plants energised by electrical power it gives superior inherent safety characteristics over stainless alternative cells with lining that is prone to tearing and peeling.
- Polypropylene is an excellent thermal insulator, greatly decreasing the incidence of burns, and has very low moisture absorption, being compatible with both high and low temperatures.
- Our light weight cells allow for easy relocation if required.
- Our patented saw tooth cathode frame configuration devised by Allglass Australia, provides optimum conductivity between the stainless steel stocking or steel wool and the cathode frame, thus keeping the plating medium below the liquid level and eliminating arcing and deterioration of the wool/stocking. This also provides even current distribution and reduces potential for hot spots.
- Polypropylene cathode baskets retain the stainless steel stocking or steel wool so as to avoid any opportunity for shorting between the cathode stocking/wool and the anode mesh.
- Anodes & cathodes can be readily accessed and removed.
- We standardise on copper busbars for superior conductivity and performance and use grade 316 stainless steel anode mesh and cathode frame materials
- The Allglass Australia cell can be provided with a rectifier and fume extraction system to provide a total electrowinning solution.
- PFWA is able to provide a reliable supply of spare parts and consumables for all types of electrowinning cells
- With the long life expectancy of the Allglass Electrowinning Cells, clients are able to on-sell and relocate the equipment to another mine whilst still retaining value for the new owner.
The standard Allglass electrowinning cell range is comprised of cell cross sections to suit 600×600 mm, 800×800 mm & 1000×1000 mm anode/cathode sizes. The most common cell size is 1500 mm long based on 10 Anodes and 9 Cathodes however cell configurations are available with up to 19 or more anodes and with either flat, V or sloping bottoms to suit the individual application.
We also welcome the opportunity to work with clients to manufacture cell concepts using variations of our standard designs as well as non-standard sizes, materials or design details.
Below is an extract from our cell register which serves to illustrate the depth and geographical diversity of the clients that we have supplied.
|Alhasour Mine||Rida Mining||Sudan|
|Ashanti Geita Gold Mine||Lycopodium||Tanzania|
|Bibiani Gold Mine||Ashanti Goldfields||Ghana|
|Boddington Gold Mine||Worsley Alumina PL||Western Australia|
|Carosue Dam Project||JR Engineering||Western Australia|
|Chirano Gold Mine||Lycopodium||West Africa|
|Damang Bibiani Abosso||Ranger Minerals||Ghana|
|Gidgee Gold Mine||Gidgee Gold Mine||Western Australia|
|Golden Feather Paddington||JR Engineering||Western Australia|
|Golden Pride Project||Resolute Tanzania||Tanzania|
|Kelian||Pt Kelian Equatorial Mining||Indonesia|
|Las Lagunas||Enviro Gold Limited||Dominican Republic|
|Leonora||Sons Of Gwalia||Western Australia|
|Lepanto Gold Mine||Lepanto Consolidated Mining||Philippines|
|Marvel Loch||Sons Of Gwalia||Western Australia|
|Mt Pleasant Gold Mine||Centaur Mining & Exploration||Western Australia|
|Penjom Gold Mine||Specific Resources||Malaysia|
|Rapu Rapu Project||Leighton Contractors||Philippines|
|Sardina Gold Mine||Sardina Gold Mining||Italy|
|St Ives Gold Mine||WMC Resources||Western Australia|
|Stawell Gold Mine||Stawell Gold Mines||Victoria (Australia)|
|Sunrise Dam||JR Engineering /Anglo Gold||Western Australia|
|Timbarra||Timbarra Gold Mine||New South Wales (Australia)|
|Tolukuma Gold Mines||Tolukuma Gold Mine||Papua New Guinea|